Hunting Bison
My friend Glen is obsessed with watching people jacking off on their web cams. It has become his new favorite pastime. And that's all well and good but I think it s only making him and so many others more anti social. I mean our world is already anti-social, now that we can do everything through our computers, why should we be forced to inter act. I know two guys who share the same living space who email each other from opposite ends of the same flat, they haven't seen each other in months, but when asked, will tell you the other is doing just fine.they even have the emails to reference should you require proof.
Sometimes, in my quest for survival in the city I love, I will be doing my own very personal little hustle, running in and out of Glen's as it has become my base of operations when I am away from Stan's Lake Merrit estate. With each stop or drop off or whatever I do while I'm at Glen's, only one thing remains constant through out the day,Glen's perch in front of his computer.
The screen is always alive with movement, filled with little windows of guys pounding on their dicks. Most of the time, Glen won't even glance over to acknowledge my arrival or departure, and I can rarely get him to respond with anything more than a heartfelt HUH. It' the little things that make me feel special.
My only fear is whether or not he can pull himself away from his friends long enough to make it to the bathroom. To be on the safe side I have been leaving empty Vitamin water bottles next to he garbage can in case he should find himself transfixed. The funny thing is, know alot of people who are stuck to their computes. Stan for example.
Lately my visits out to Stan's in the East Bay have become less frequent. Stan was very grateful to me , after I rescued him from a GHB coma and probably certain death after his overdose few months ago. And to show his gratitude, he allowed me to stay on as his roommate after he was released from jail.
What a nice guy , I thought. Maybe ,this time , jail had somehow humbled him and made him realize he didn't need to live a life being completely self absorbed.
Maybe, he had changed. Fat chance! And no I am not talking about Stan's new nickname.
The other morning I returned to Oakland , exhausted and world weary and in need of sleep. When I got back to Stan's he was in the exact same place I had left him in 72 hours earlier, in front of his computer. Wearing the exact same clothes. The only thing that had changed, was the amount of soot and film that covered everything from the various types of smoke that had saturated the air in those 72 hours.
So , yeah I was a little disgusted, but I was really tired and at that moment I would have overlooked a dead body on the floor just to get some sleep. But true to form , Stan says something t me that let's me know, he has yet to reach the lowest of lows in his personal development.
He's like, "Hey , you have to give me money for rent. I know I said you could stay here but , I haven't eaten , and every day you don't give me money is another day I don't eat."
I had no idea I was in possession of such power. I smiled back at Stan, a smile that said ; Bitch, I am OK with that. I am doing you a favor, Princess Two Tons Of Fun.
The best part is that surrounding our poor starving delicate petal, was the Styrofoam debris of take out food carnage and junk food binging, all visibly fresh. So somebody has been by to feed the monster, I guess it was my turn. I must have missed the memo. But I am so poor and living so hand to mouth, for me to feed Stan I would have to hunt and kill Bison somewhere on the outskirts of town and I was far too exhausted for that.
I smiled responded with a "Whatever" and went to lie down.
As I tried to sleep I was kept awake by the sound of kitchen cabinets opening and then being slammed closed, potato chip bags being ripped open , leftovers being rendered from the fridge and of course, the sound of Stan's delicate little fingers dancing across his keyboard. All I could think was, for the love of God , get a pet, do a crossword puzzle, mentor some wayward youth, just stop eating and get away from that fucking computer. My visit "HOME" lasted all of 45 minutes.
Stan and Glen are not unique, I wish they were. How can you recognize the signs of this affliction. Here are some helpful tips to help you figure out if your friend or loved one has become a waste of space.
If they haven't been away from their computer in over 48 hours they are a waste of space. Check to see if they have bathed or if they are wearing the same clothes for consecutive days. If they become nervous or begin to sweat when they step away from their computer, that is known as a red flag. Also look for an accumulation of debris around them , take out food containers, lube bottles, drink bottles, little scraps of paper, urine, feces disguised as a paper weight. And remember they were once real people and shouldn't be treated like a criminal or a loser even if they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment