Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby's A Monster

aNobody 'came running when baby cried. They had all seen it before, so as hard as he would sob. , nobody was coming. 
I had to remind him I was the last stop for consumer goods , after me there would be no body else.
Because when I show up that's it. I'm it. The last stop for redemption and it just so happens to be me . Surprise, what's for dinner? 
For some reason this made Baby cry even harder only this time , with real tears. 
Baby , with a full face of drag running down his face , looks up at me and says "I'm a monster."
Well I already knew that, but you're my monster. His crying grew even more violent and loud
I was forced to take pause.
As baby,s eyes flickered from beneath the stripes of trickling makeup it was hard to ignore that he in fact looked like a monster. His face was melting into a swirl of beige and black and deep sultry pinks and reds.
" hey baby, why are you crying anyway"
I reAlized I had been consoling him for at least an hour and I had no idea why, it just felt natural. Baby cries someone has to come running . Ask questions later. 
"my life is a mess"
Yes, it was , I wouldn't be able to lie to him a out the state of his life , it was a bloody mess but not without merit.
I remembered one s unny after noon I ran into baby and some of his friends digging through some discarded boxes of clothes, I joked with them a little , I was like " can't you fucking terriers wait until the sun is down before you go tweaking through the garbage."  
Baby dropped the white boots she was examining and very seriously replied  
" these are my friends from rehab"
So that means he's tried to get it right at least. Needless to say he didnt because I'm sitting outside of the end up , in baby's 68 Cadillac and hes telling me he's a monster. No shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment